Freedive clean up
Calling everyone who would like to make our beaches and waters a better place! This will be our 6th ocean clean up, and we are expanding our target areas, so we will need your help! From our previous clean ups, we've remove 470.5 kg of trash in total. Let's get more out!
The clean up will be from 7.45am-3pm on Saturday, 24 Jul. Non divers are welcome to help with beach clean ups :)
The cost will help to cover ferry tickets.
- 7.45am - Meet at Marina South Pier and take the ferry over to the Southern Islands
- 8.30am - Arrive at Southern Islands, head to clean up areas
- 9am - Start clean up
- 12pm - Bag and weigh trash
- 12.30pm - Shower and enjoy the island
- 2.30pm - Board ferry back to MSP
- 3pm - Arrive at MSP
- Freediving gear if you are doing the underwater clean up
- Drinking water (in a reusable bottle please)
- Snacks (preferably in reusable packaging)
- Towel and change of clothes
- gloves and mesh bag if you have (if you don't have your own, we'll provide)
To comply with covid measurements, participants will be split into groups of maximum 5, and have to remain at least 1m apart at all times.