Advanced Pool Freediving Course (Molchanovs Lap 3)
As a Molchanovs Lap 3 Freediver you are already halfway on your journey to becoming an aquatic mammal. You will develop an understanding of advanced physiological and mental implications, and demonstrate proper technique in all pool disciplines. In this course, you will also reflect on ancient freediving practices and how these transformed into modern freediving.
You will expand your mental toolbox by learning how to use attention deconcentration, which is a completely different mental approach to your dives. You will learn advanced equalization approaches that combine the Frenzel maneuver either with the mouth-fill or reverse packing for deeper dives. You will also learn how to simulate depth with Functional Residual Capacity (FRC) dives and how to prevent depth-related injuries. Packing, reverse packing, flexibility training and the knowledge of when and how to apply these techniques (and when not to!) will enable you to expand your limits while staying always safe.
The Lap 3 is a semi-professional certificate that enables you to act as an assistant pool instructor and equips you with the according level of knowledge and skills.
- Lap 2 certificate OR completed crossover evaluation
- Active first aid certificate (available as an add-on for the course)
- Monday 7 Dec, 7-9.30pm - theory and dry skills practise (via Zoom)
- Friday 11 Dec, 7-9pm - Pool session 1
- Thursday 17 Dec, 7-8.30pm - Pool session 2
- Saturday 12 Dec, 10am-3pm - PADI EFR course (optional if you already have First Aid & CPR certification or are planning to do it elsewhere). This will be held at Marlin Divers and costs an additional $245. The deadline to sign up for this EFR course is 15 Nov.
Target performances for Pool disciplines:
- STA 3 min 30 sec.
- DYNB 75m
- DNF 50m
On the successful completion of the course, you will receive a Molchanovs Lap 3 certification, which you can upgrade to Wave 3 certification by completing the open water requirements later on if you'd like to.