Freedive Clean Up
This will be our 4th clean up at Lazarus Island. We are expanding our target areas, so we will need your help! From our previous clean ups, we've removed 185kg of trash in total from the sea. Let's get more out!
The clean up will be from 8.30am - 2.30pm on Sunday, 20 Dec.
- 8.30am - Meet at Marina South Pier and take the 9am ferry to St John's Island (the cost of $12 is for ferry tickets)
- 10am - Briefing on procedures and safety
- 10.30-12.30pm - Clean up (underwater and on the beach, depth will be 3-5m, this is where most of the rubbish is)
- 12.30pm - Bagging and weighing trash
- 1-1.20pm - Shower
- 1.30pm - Board ferry back to Marina South Pier, arrive at ~2.30pm
- Freediving gear - snorkel, mask, fins
- Drinking water (in a reusable bottle please)
- Snacks (preferably in reusable packaging)
- Towel and change of clothes
- gloves and mesh bag if you have (if you don't have your own, we'll provide)
Freediving certification is required to participate in the underwater clean up (please indicate above). Non divers are welcome to help with other aspects of the clean up :) To comply with covid measurements, participants will be split into groups of 5, and have to remain at least 1m apart at all times.
Organised in partnership with Marina South Ferries and Small Change. Marina South Ferries is offering $2 for every 2kg of rubbish picked up for future trips to the Southern Islands! (The total amount will be split by the number of people).