Fast, fluid and efficient is how most people would describe freediving with a monofin. This half day, individualised workshop will help you to understand the movement mechanics of the dolphin kick and how to apply that to your stroke in order to get the most distance out of your monofin. There will be a short theory and dry training session followed by a pool session for practise and stroke analysis. The following topics will be covered:
- Comparison of flutter and dolphin kick
- Dry training exercises to condition the body for an efficient dolphin kick
- Training drills to develop an efficient kick
- Types of monofins available and how to choose the right one
- Finning technique
- Difference between technique in pool and open water
Let Michelle guide you in our special Monofin workshop, complete with individual video analysis, on Saturday 17 November, 2.30 - 5pm.
There will also be try ons for demo monofins!
The cost is $90 per person for a group lesson. Spaces limited.
Please register at www.zenfreediving.org