Advanced Freediving Course (Molchanovs Lap/ Wave 3)
In this course, you will develop an understanding of advanced physiological and mental implications, and demonstrate proper technique in all pool disciplines. In this course, you will also reflect on ancient freediving practices and how these transformed into modern freediving.
You will expand your mental toolbox by learning how to use attention deconcentration, which is a completely different mental approach to your dives. You will learn advanced equalization approaches that combine the Frenzel maneuver either with the mouth-fill or reverse packing for deeper dives. You will also learn how to simulate depth with Functional Residual Capacity (FRC) dives and how to prevent depth-related injuries. Packing, reverse packing, flexibility training and the knowledge of when and how to apply these techniques (and when not to!) will enable you to expand your limits while staying always safe.
The Lap or Wave 3 is a semi-professional certificate that enables you to act as an assistant pool instructor and equips you with the according level of knowledge and skills.
- Lap 2 certificate OR completed crossover evaluation
- Active first aid certificate (available as an add-on for the course)
- Monday 6 Sep, 7-9.30pm - theory and dry skills practise (via Zoom)
- Thursday 9 Sep, 7-8.30pm - Pool session 1
- Saturday 11 Sep, 9am-4.30pm - Depth session 1
- Thursday 16 Sep, 7-8.30pm - Pool session 2
- Saturday 25 Sep, 3-7pm, Depth session 2 (yacht trip)
Target performances/skills for Pool & Depth disciplines:
- STA 3 min 30 sec
- DYNB 75m
- DNF 50m
- Good monofin technique
- Safety and rescues
- CWT & FIM 34m-40m*
- CNF 25m
- no mask, 1-fin self- rescues
- Rescue 20m & 20m surface tow
*The deep dives will not be completed during the course depth sessions as the site with the most consistent conditions is not deep enough. These requirements can be completed during training trips to Pulau Jong, or overseas (not included in the cost of this course). The depth sessions scheduled on this course are for completing shallower requirements and honing technique.