Is the fear of getting held down in a wipe-out stopping you from taking on bigger waves?
Let our instructors, who are experienced surfers themselves, teach you how to improve your breath hold and recover quickly in between consecutive oncoming waves, increasing your confidence to surf bigger and better. This popular course will be held on Saturday 14 July, 2 - 5pm, with a mixture of theory and pool practical sessions.
The following topics will be covered:
- Physiology of the breath hold in relaxed and stressed states;
- Techniques to improve your breath in a controlled environment and in uncomfortable situations;
- Learning to relax for optimum performance;
- Mental management - preventing over-stressing;
- Recovery breathing - how to recover efficiently between waves; and
- Further training to increase your breath hold and aquaticity.
Here's what one of our students, Ed, had to say about the course:
“Always wanted to learn more about free diving to be able to continue surfing big waves. [...] It was very good and incredible how we progressed so much in just one session. A lot more to learn and we will sure continue our learning journey. Thanks to Michelle and the whole team !!! STRONGLY RECOMMEND!!!”
Cost is $120, including all equipment hire. Spaces limited so sign up soon!
Please register at firstname.lastname@example.org