Freediving Trip to Cebu, Philippines, 26 April to 1 May 2019
We're headed to the Philippines!
We will be diving from FreediveHQ, a freediving centre located in Mactan, Cebu (30min-1 hour from Cebu airport). The shop sits about 100m from the reef drop off. All training dives are done from a boat, with 2 dive sessions available per day at 10.30am and 2.30pm. Free yoga and stretching sessions are held before the morning dive. Hilutungan marine sanctuary is a short boat ride away and we will make a half day trip there for some recreational freediving. There is the possibility of doing one or two night dives as well, but this will depend on the tides and current. Bicycles and SUP boards are available for use any time at FDHQ if you would like to do some other activities.
This trip is open to freedivers of all levels who have taken a course with an open water component before (e.g. Molchanovs Wave 1, AIDA 1 or 2, SSI Level 1, PADI Freediver).
We will be running Molchanovs Wave 2 and Wave 3 courses concurrently during this trip with the theory and pool segments on 20 & 23 Apr 2019).
NB: Please check the current visa requirements for your nationality to travel to Philippines and ensure that you have the appropriate visa, if required.
Booking and cancellation policy
For cancellations of up to 3 weeks before the trip, a full refund of the deposit will be provided.
|26 Apr 2019||Take night flight to Cebu, Philippines and travel to accommodation.
Recommended flight: Air Asia Z2 7237, Fri 26 Apr, 2355 - Sat 27 Apr 2019, 0350 hrs OR Cebu Pacific 5J 548, Sat 27 Apr, 0025 - 0420 hrs
|27 Apr 2019||Afternoon training dive|
|28 Apr 2019||Morning and/or afternoon training dive. Possible night dive.|
|29 Apr 2019||Morning freediving trip to Hilutungan marine sanctuary, afternoon training dive (optional), or reverse. Possible night dive.|
|30 Apr 2019||Morning and/or afternoon training dive|
|1 May 2019||Morning and/or afternoon training dive. Travel to airport in the evening.
Recommended flight back: Cebu Pacific 5J 547, Wed 1 May, 1945 - 2340 hrs
Please note that the schedule may be subject to change.
Included in the costs are:
- Return transport from Cebu airport to accommodation at/close to FreediveHQ in Mactan (If you are booking flights that are different to the rest of the group and require a private transfer, the fare is approximately SGD$18 and is payable directly to the driver or the shop if they arrange it)
- 4 coached freediving training sessions (additional sessions can be arranged at $55 per session)
- 1 recreational freedive at the marine sanctuary
Not included in cost:
- Flights: Flights are to be booked individually by trip participants. The recommended flights are:
- SIN-CEB: Air Asia Z2 7237, Fri 26 Apr, 2120 - Sat 27 Apr 2019, 0110 hrs
- CEB-SIN: Cebu Pacific 5J 547, Wed 1 May, 1945 - 2340 hrs
- Night dive ($60 per dive)
- Activities other than as described above
- Travel insurance: All participants must carry their own travel insurance, which covers freediving as an activity (e.g. World Nomads) and includes medical evacuation insurance.
- Equipment rental: Equipment is available for rent at the following rates:
|Item||Amount per item per day (SGD)|
|Mask +snorkel/lanyard/weight belt||5|
|Wetsuit (long sleeved)||15|