Freediving and Yoga Retreat, Cebu, Philippines (10-14 April 2020)
Escape for the long weekend and relax with a combination of yoga, training and recreational freediving.
For our training dives, we will join FreediveHQ, a freediving centre located in Mactan, Cebu (~30min from Cebu airport). The shop sits about 100m from the reef drop off, where clear blue waters await! Conditions are usually close to perfect, with minimal current and wind, and unlimited depth. All training dives are done from a boat, with 2 dive sessions available per day at 10.30am and 2.30pm. Yoga is held every day before the morning dive, at no extra cost.
On 12 April, we will make a one day trip to Moalboal (about 2 hours away) to explore the rich reefs there and freedive with the massive school of sardines. A night dive is a possibility (additional cost).
If you are unable to come for the full duration of the trip but would like to come for a few days, we can adjust the price accordingly. Please contact us to arrange this.
To join the training dives for this trip, you must have taken a course with an open water component before (e.g. Molchanovs Wave 1, AIDA 1 or 2, SSI Level 1, PADI Freediver).
Please check the current visa requirements for your nationality to travel to Philippines and ensure that you have the appropriate visa, if required.
Booking and cancellation policy
For cancellations of up to 1 month before the trip, a refund of the deposit less $100 admin fee will be provided.
|10 Apr 2020||
Travel to Cebu (Cebu Pacific 5J548).
Arrive at FreediveHQ, rest, afternoon dive session.
|11 Apr 2020||Freedive training dives|
|12 Apr 2020||
Travel to Moalboal by van, fun freediving on the reef with the sardine shoal.
Possible night dive, then head back to Mactan.
13 Apr 2020
|Freedive training dives|
Morning dive session. Depart for airport in the afternoon.
Flight back to Singapore on Cebu Pacific 5J547 .
Please note that the schedule may be subject to change.
Included in the costs are:
- Accommodation as described (fan rooms are with shared bathrooms, AC room have ensuite bathrooms)
- Return transport from Cebu airport to accommodation at/close to FreediveHQ in Mactan (If you are booking flights that are different to the rest of the group and require a private transfer, the fare is approximately SGD$18 and is payable directly to the driver or the shop if they arrange it)
- 4 coached freediving training sessions (additional sessions can be arranged at $55 per session)
- Day trip to Moalboal for some recreational freediving and fun
Not included in the costs:
- Flights: Flights are to be booked individually by trip participants. The recommended flights are:
- 10 Apr 2020 Cebu Pacific 5J548 0025-0420
- 14 Apr 2020 Cebu Pacific 5J547 1945-2340
- Activities other than as described above
- Travel insurance: All participants must carry their own travel insurance, which covers freediving as an activity (e.g. World Nomads) and includes medical evacuation insurance.
- Equipment rental: Equipment is available for rent at the following rates:
|Item||Amount per item per day (SGD)|
|Mask +snorkel/lanyard/weight belt||5|