Freediving Trip to Amed, Bali, 6-9 Aug 2022
Once again we visit the peaceful village of Amed for some freediving fun! We will be based at Ocean Prana, a freediving centre located in Jemeluk Bay, Amed (about 2.5 hours from Bali airport). The centre is 15m from the beach and features training spots from 0-60m deep a short swimming distance away. The bay is protected from waves, wind and current, with snorkeling and recreational dive sites. Depth training can be arranged once or twice a day (the coached open water sessions only option is for freedivers who have at least Molchanovs Wave 1 or equivalent certification).
The USAT Liberty shipwreck is a short distance away in the neighbouring village, Tulamben. We will plan for a recreational freediving session there to explore the wreck.
We will be running Molchanovs Wave 1 and 2 courses during this trip (theory and pool segments before the trip), and have coached training slots for certified freedivers.
Wave 1 theory and pool: Select any Molchanovs Lap 1 course date.
Wave 2 theory and pool: 19 Jul 7.30-9.30pm (theory), 23 & 30 Jul 4-6 pm.
If you would like to arrive earlier or extend your trip, do let us know and we can help you to arrange it.
Group accommodation will be at Ocean Prana in 6-bed wooden bungalows with A/C, hot water and shared toilets. If you prefer to arrange for your own accommodation, there are many other options available close to the freediving centre. Please note that if you are staying elsewhere, you will need to arrange your own transport to and from Ocean Prana for the dive sessions.
Contact us if you will be arranging your own accommodation for an amended price.
Ocean Prana has its own yoga studio and offers daily yoga classes focusing on meditation, breath control and movement. Classes are led by trained and experienced instructors. Pranayama and visualisation classes for freedivers can be arranged if there is interest. Yoga, pranayama and visualisation classes will be at additional cost.
Please check the current visa requirements for your nationality to travel to Indonesia and ensure that you have the appropriate visa, if required.
Booking and cancellation policy
Full payment is needed to secure your spot. For cancellations of up to 1 month before the trip, a full refund will be provided less a $100 cancellation fee.
NB: Please check the trip schedule, as well as inclusions and exclusions on the left.
|6 Aug 2022||
Travel to Bali. Arrive at your accommodation, settle in,
afternoon dive session.
|7 Aug 2022||Freedive training and fun dives|
|8 Aug 2022||
Morning freediving session at Liberty wreck in Tulamben.
Afternoon training session.
|9 Aug 2022||
Freedive training or fun dive, leave for airport in the
afternoon for flight back to Singapore.
Please note that the schedule may be subject to change.
Included in the costs are:
- 3 nights dorm style accommodation at Ocean Prana's 6-bed wooden bungalows (shared toilets and bathrooms).
- Coached freediving training sessions: Training option - 4 sessions, Wave 1 option - 2 sessions included in the course (additional sessions can be arranged at $70 per session), Wave 2 option - 4 sessions included in the course.
- One recreational guided freediving session at USAT Liberty in Tulamben
Not included in the costs:
- Flights: Flights are to be booked individually by trip participants
- Return transfers to the airport. Costs are $60 during the day, and $70 at night, one way for a car, and you can share with others who are arriving at a similar time, and we can help you to arrange this.
- Activities other than as described above
- Travel insurance: All participants must carry their own travel insurance, which covers freediving as an activity (e.g. World Nomads) and includes medical evacuation insurance.
- Equipment rental: Equipment is available for rent at the following rates:
|Item||Amount per item per day (SGD)|
|Mask +snorkel/lanyard/weight belt||5|
|Freediving fins/short sleeved wetsuit||10|