Freediving Trip to Amed, Bali, 26 to 30 Oct 2019
Once again we visit the peaceful village of Amed for some freediving fun! We will be based at Ocean Prana, a freediving centre located in Jemeluk Bay, Amed (about 2.5 hours from Bali airport). The centre is 15m from the beach and features training spots from 0-60m deep a short swimming distance away. The bay is protected from waves, wind and current, with snorkeling and recreational dive sites. Depth training can be arranged once or twice a day (training only option is for freedivers who have at least Molchanovs Wave 1 or equivalent certification).
The USAT Liberty shipwreck is a short distance away in the neighbouring village, Tulamben. We will plan for a recreational freediving session there to explore the wreck.
We will be running a Molchanovs Wave 1 and 2 course during this trip (theory and pool segments before the trip). Do let us know if you are interested!
Wave 1 theory and pool: Select any Molchanovs Lap 1 course date.
Wave 2 theory and pool: 29 Sep 10.30am-2pm & 24 Oct 7-9pm.
Group accommodation will be at Ocean Prana in 6-bed wooden bungalows with A/C, hot water and shared toilets. If you prefer to arrange for your own accommodation, there are many other options available close to the freediving centre (contact us for recommendations!). Please note that if you are staying elsewhere, you will need to arrange your own transport to and from Ocean Prana.
Contact us if you will be arranging your own accommodation for an amended price.
Ocean Prana has its own yoga studio and offers daily yoga classes focusing on meditation, breath control and movement. Classes are led by trained and experienced instructors. Pranayama and visualisation classes for freedivers can be arranged if there is interest.
NB: Yoga, pranayama and visualisation classes will be at additional cost.
Booking and cancellation policy
There are 6 spots available on this trip (excluding Wave 1 and 2 students). Full payment is needed to secure your spot.
For cancellations of up to 1 month before the trip, a full refund will be provided less a $100 cancellation fee.
|26 Oct 2019||
Travel to Bali (Scoot TR280 0705-0950).
Arrive at Ocean Prana, afternoon dive session.
|27 Oct 2019||Freedive training and fun dives|
|28 Oct 2019||
Morning freediving session at Liberty wreck in Tulamben.
Afternoon training session.
|29 Oct 2019||Freedive training and fun dives|
|30 Oct 2019||
Morning dive session. Depart for airport in the late afternoon.
Flight back to Singapore on Jetstar 3K246 1925-2210.
Please note that the schedule may be subject to change.
Included in the costs are:
- Return transport from the airport in Denpasar, Bali to Ocean Prana in Amed (If you are booking flights that are different to the rest of the group and require a private transfer, we can help to arrange it but you will need to pay the driver directly. The fee is ~SGD50 each way for a day transfer and ~SGD60 each way for a night transfer)
- 4 nights dorm style accommodation at Ocean Prana's 6-bed wooden bungalows (shared toilets and bathrooms).
- 4 coached freediving training sessions (additional sessions can be arranged at $68 per session)
- One recreational guided freediving session at USAT Liberty in Tulamben
Not included in the costs:
Flights: Flights are to be booked individually by trip participants. The recommended flights are:
26 Oct 2019 Scoot TR280 0705-0950
30 Oct 2019 Jetstar 3K246 1925-2210
- Activities other than as described above
- Travel insurance: All participants must carry their own travel insurance, which covers freediving as an activity (e.g. World Nomads) and includes medical evacuation insurance.
- Equipment rental: Equipment is available for rent at the following rates:
|Item||Amount per item per day (SGD)|
|Mask +snorkel/lanyard/weight belt||5|
|Wetsuit (long sleeved)||15|