Freediving Liveaboard Experience in Komodo National Park, Indonesia
Between the islands of Sumbawa and Flores in Indonesia, sits the vast and impressive Komodo National Park. The national park encompasses a total of 29 volcanic islands and is home to approximately 2,500 Komodo Dragons – the largest lizard species on the planet, and a wide variety of other terrestrial animals. The marine environment in the Komodo National Park is one of the world’s richest in flora and fauna. The 2,000 square kilometre park (which includes protected land and water), is recognized as a global conservation priority area and has an array of natural attractions.
A freediving liveaboard is one of the best ways to experience this truly unique environment. We will be joining with Freedive Nusa to organise this trip.
The trip will be conducted by an experienced Freediving Instructor and professional English speaking guide, fluent in Indonesian and knowledgeable in Indonesian culture and religion.
This freediving trip is equally suitable for beginners, experienced freedivers and snorkelers. Activities can be adapted individual confidence levels and physical condition. There will be opportunities for depth training on a buoy and line set-up during the trip.
The cost of the trip is SGD995 for payments by credit card, or SGD970 for payments by Paynow.
Booking and cancellation policy
A deposit of $425 (by credit card)/$415 (by Paynow) is required to secure your spot (this deposit is non refundable), and the balance is payable 1 month prior to the trip. For cancellations up to 1 week before the trip, we will refund the balance payment ($570 for payments by credit card)/$555 for payments by Paynow).
To run the Komodo Trip, a minimum of 6 participants is required. If the number of participants is not met and trip is unable to go ahead, we will provide a full refund. Zen Freediving or Freedive Nusa will not be held liable for any other travel arrangements made by customers, including but not limited to flights and transportation bookings to get to and from Labuan Bajo, reservations for accommodation, etc, but we will inform you when we have the minimum number of participants so you can make the arrangements.
Sailing itineraries and daily programs are subject to change due to weather and sea conditions, availability of safe anchorage, government regulations and other factors. Every effort will be made to carry out the program as planned. Program changes may take place during the cruise to take advantage of local cultural events, to adapt to sailing conditions, or in response to other factors. Only if the duration of the trip or event is adversely affected will we refund the difference between the agreed tour price and the services actually provided.
Photos courtesy of Freedive Nusa.
10 Aug 2020
- Arrive in Labuan Bajo, airport transfer to hotel (2 people per room)
- Meet other guests and introduction to the program in the hotel at about 6pm
11 Aug 2020
- Morning transfer from hotel to jetty
- Beginning of liveaboard section of the trip
- Freediving at Kanawa Island. Option for depth training with max depth 30m
- Freediving at Tatawa Besar and Sebayur Kecil.
- Freediving at Gili Lawa island and sunset watch from the hill on Gili Lawa
12 Aug 2020
- Freediving at Gili Lawa. Option for depth training with max depth 35m
- Freediving with manta rays at Manta Point
- Explore Taka Makassar
- Head to Komodo island. Overnight near Komodo island
13 Aug 2020
- Morning trek to see Komodo dragons
- Head to Padar Island
- Visit the pink sand beach
- Snorkeling and freediving in the bays around Padar Island
- Sunset from a hill (light trekking)
- Overnight near Padar and night freediving
14 Aug 2020
- Head towards Labuan Bajo
- Freediving along the way at possible dive sites: Mawan, Siaba Besar, Siaba Kecil, Sebayur, etc.
- Arrive in Labuan Bajo. End of liveboard section of the trip.
- Arrive at hotel
- Dinner in Labuan Bajo (not included in the price)
15 Aug 2020
- Airport transfer and flight back to Bali
Included in the costs are:
- Freediving sessions guided by professional freediving instructors
- 2 nights accommodation in hotel in Labuan Bajo (first and last night, AC, 2 guests per room)
- 4 days/3 nights liveaboard trip around Komodo National Park (AC cabins, 4 guests per cabin)
- Meals and drinking water on the liveaboard boat
- All fees for Komodo National Park for freediving and trekking to see the Komodo dragons
- All transfers between Labuan Bajo and the liveaboard boat
- Rental of freediving equipment
- Flights to and from Labuan Bajo (LBJ / Bandara Komodo)
- Soft drinks & alcoholic beverages
- Single room upgrade for stay in hotel in Labuan Bajo
- Meals before and after the liveaboard section of the trip
- Travel insurance