Kayak to Clean Up at Pulau Tekukor
Pulau Tekukor is a small island just off Sentosa, where trash from the ocean accumulates on the beach and is never removed. We are partnering with Kayakasia and Small Change to organise this clean up. The cost will cover use of kayaks and a guide from Kayakasia, and Small Change are kindly lending us their clean up equipment.
This will be our 5th clean up! We are expanding our target areas, so we will need your help! From our previous clean ups, we've removed 257kg of trash in total from the ocean and beaches. Let's get more out!
The clean up will be from 7.20-11am on Saturday, 3 April. Previous kayaking experience is not necessary.
- 7.20am - Meet at Tanjong Beach carpark on Sentosa for briefing and preparation, then head out on our kayaks to Pulau Tekukor
- 8am - Beach clean up, bagging and weighing of trash
- 9.30am - Enjoy the freshly cleaned beach, snorkel
- 10.30am - Paddle back to Tanjong Beach and dispose of trash
- Snorkelling gear if you would like to snorkel - snorkel, mask, fins
- Drinking water (in a reusable bottle please)
- Snacks (preferably in reusable packaging)
- Towel and change of clothes
- gloves and mesh bag if you have (if you don't have your own, we'll provide)
To comply with covid measurements, participants will be split into groups of maximum 8, and have to remain at least 1m apart at all times.